Would you and your children know what to do in case your home or community is affected by fire, flood, storm or other disaster? Sadly, many families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency occurs, you most likely will not all be in the same place. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis wants to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and created to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Just download the Paul Davis Emergency Family Plan PDF file (link below) and fill out the sections in the document with your family’s information. Then, just save it, print a copy for each family member and email copies to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of food, water and other necessities in case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis recommends getting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least 3 days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans with your community, schools, employer, etc. Be aware of your closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least twice a year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so you and your family will be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mold or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form